Thursday, June 30, 2005

Windy City Wedding

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

For those of you who don't understand that line, it's from the blues brothers. Good ol' Jake and Elwood.....my friend Nick has two life sized statues of them in his basement, quite scary if you aren't aware of the fact that they are statues. Anyways, tomorrow my family and I will be heading to Chicago for Mike and Sonia's wedding. To pass the time in the car I think I'll finish my book about golf's four "Major" tournaments cleverly named "The Majors" while also listening to my 11 best cd's. Why 11 ? No clue.

It's odd that I'd be heading to Chicago at this time anyways with or without a wedding. My friend Jeff and I have been attending the Western Open near Chicago for the past few years. The Western Open is the PGA (professional golfers association) tour's event held at Cog Hill Golf Course. I think it's actually in Lemont, IL but that doesn't really matter. This year we are unable to attend, Jeff is interning at some engineering place in Livonia and is not allowed to take two days off. Oh well, maybe next year. We get these special passes to go inside the General Electric courtesy tent and they provide free everything....burgers, chicken, gatorade, lemon chills, ice cream, you name it.

Oh by the way, there are pro golfers there too ! For a guy like me who watches those guys play amazing golf week after week it's very interesting to see them up close. I was even able to snag some autographs two years ago, they included Vijay Singh and David Toms and a few others. Tiger Woods was there last year but it's complete chaos following him. I did get to watch him on a par 5 last year which he felt the need to eagle. (Quick golf lesson: Par 5 means you're supposed to get it in the hole in 5 shots, Eagle means 2 under par.)

Well I suppose I better get some sleep so I'm not totally out of it for tomorrows adventure. I'll see y'all in Chicago.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to pack underwear...

Mrs. Patterson said...

What about a bathing suit? Did you swim?

Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://mfxyjyao.com/cgxi/dcit.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://uxuvhbou.com/rqep/hpmw.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://mfxyjyao.com/cgxi/dcit.html | http://seaxkojm.com/ptex/hpox.html