Friday, October 21, 2005

Hey Y'all

Well it could be the drugs (anti-inflammatory) or maybe it was the beer but I woke up this morning without any soreness in my back. It was a great thing. That's the first thing that pops into my brain when I wake up everyday.....how sore will I be today? Today was the first day in a series of many (Lord willing) that I will feel no pain. Positive thinking can't hurt, right ?

Sometimes I wish I had a Friday class just so I could have a sense of obligation to get up and do something. I did wake up at 8:15 this morning which is quite early for a Friday but instead of being productive I sat around and watched one of those "Best Police Chases" shows.....oh yeah and some guys on the discovery channel getting flipped and poked by a very angry bull. Side note while we're on the topic of television....I don't know why but last night I looked at my watch and realized it was 7 O'clock and the only thing I could think was "Wheel of Fortune is on and I have to watch it." I don't think I've watched Wheel of Fortune once since I've been at school but I think I've sat down and watched it with Mom and Dad at least 378 gazillion times.....maybe not that many but you get my drift. I guess if you watch something for so many years and it's on at a constant time it becomes somewhat of an automatic response to think of it. Anyways....the bonus round was Living things and the word was "Begonias" and the guy won and got a Land Rover or something like that and everyone was merry.

Ok back to me being lazy today....I've done nothing except play my guitar, watch tv, and play on my computer. Does it count if I thought about doing my homework? I'm sure I'll do something productive later on since all my friends left the apartment. Most of them are going up north to hunt, even Nick who doesn't even hunt......he does sell knives though so I told him to go out and get a deer like a man and just use his knives. He said he's going to paint his face and be Rambo, maybe sew up his own wound if it comes to that.

What else? I had 2 tests last week and got them back this week. I received 107% on my interpersonal communications test and a 92% on my consumer behavior test. I thought I did better on the consumer behavior one but the teacher is a pretty tough grader. Oh well I'm pretty happy with both tests. I'll take A's whenever I can get them.

What would a blog entry be without a reference to baseball.....or sports in general for that matter. The teams for the world series are all set to rock and roll. Chicago White Sox and the Houston Astros. While I'm usually Pro American League I cannot bring myself to root for Chicago, especially after they swept my Red Sox. So I'll be rooting for Houston (Sorry Mike).

Well I think that shall be all for now, happy friday everybody.

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

If you own the Red Sox, could you float me a loan? I haven't watched wheel of fortune since in almost three years, I miss it.