Sunday, August 27, 2006

Another Chapter of a Legacy


In a weekend with spurts of total domination, a sloppy looking game (which included 4 straight bogeys), and clawing his way back into contention Tiger Woods won, again. It's amazing to watch and I'm glad I'm in an era that actually gets to "watch" him. We only hear stories of names like Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb.....I think Tiger is going to be one of the athletes who, when the time comes around, my grandchildren will wonder just how good he really was. Hopefully I'll still have the mental capacity to recall many of these amazing victories.

On a side note - while on the topic of dominating the field, I was on the losing end of bowling this weekend. I know what you're thinking....probably lost to some of his friends or something....not the case. I was DEMOLISHED by none other than my parents. Both who have not bowled in years and Dad not even knowing if he could throw a ball. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast......but I'm definitely going to have to chalk those games up to an "off" night. That and the line of my ball resembles a banana that often ends up in the gutter. Well that's all for now, I hope everyone had a great weekend !

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

I heard your dad's perspective on the bowling outing, very similar to yours. His words were kind, demolished didn't enter the conversation.

How can the Tigers lose so much and still be 5 into first.