Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Songs

I heard two songs today both of which I've listened to about a hundred times each before but you know how when you haven't heard a song in a while and then it comes on you're reminded of how good it is.....that's what it was like for me today. The first song is called "If I was Jesus" by Toby Keith. It's fun to listen to and has some good lyrics in it. The second is a less common song called "The Lumber Song" by Eli. While yes, it is about building, it may not be in the way you think about building. Anyways, I decided I'll post the lyrics to each song just for the fun of it. Check 'em out !

Song #1: If I Was Jesus
Verse 1
If I Was Jesus, I'd have some real long hair
A robe and some sandals, is exactly what I'd wear
I'd be the guy at the party, turnin' water to wine
Yeah me and my disciples, we'd have a real good time.
Chorus:
Ooh and I'd lay my life down for you
And I show you who's the boss
I'd forgive you and adore you
While I was hangin' on your cross
Verse 2
If I Was Jesus.
I'd have some friends that were poor
I'd run around with the wrong crowd,
man I'd never be bored
Then I'd heal me a blind man,
get myself crucified
By politicians and preachers,
who got somethin' to hide.
Verse 3
If I Was Jesus,
I'd come back from the dead
And I'd walk on some water,
just to mess with your head
I know your dark little secrets,
I'd look you right in the face
And I'd tell you I love you,
with Amazing Grace
If I Was Jesus.
The Lumber Song
Verse 1
Said a friend to a friend one day,Was a man who passed away
St. Peter met him at the gate
Pete said: "Walk with me if you will, I'll take you to the house you built"
Man said: "I can't wait!"Passed a mansion made of stone
But with each new house he's shown. They get smaller by degrees
Stopped in front of a two room shack
Pete said hope you're happy with that
Man said: "How can this be?"Pete said:
Chorus:
That's all the lumber--that's all the lumber
that's all the lumber you sent
Looks like the builder--man he's got your number
That's all the lumber you sent.
Verse 2
Man didn't know what to say, poor guy was blown away
"you mean this is what I deserve?"Pete said: "I'm afraid it's so
It's too late but now you know
Shoulda done better work"
You mean not lie and cheat and helpin' old ladies across the street?
Pete says: Well, that's a start
Remember that man back in that great big house?
He found out early what it's all about
Built that place with his heart--as for you (chorus)
Bridge:
What if that man was me
And I failed that miserably
You're showin' me things I don't wanna see.
Verse 3
St. Peter if you can, Send me back to earth again
Is that somethin' you can do?Pete said: It ain't up to me
If it was I'd like to see, How you plan to improve
I'd love God and fellow man
Take a wife and make a stand, Be the givinest guy I can be
And when I get back to this neighborhood
There'd be a big gigantic pile of wood
And I'd say: What's this I see?--You'd tell me
Chorus
That's all the lumber--that's all the lumber
that's all the lumber you sent
Looks like the builder--man he's got your number
That's all the lumber you sent.

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

You may have heard those hundreds of times, but thanks for my first introduction.