Friday, October 27, 2006

Thank You

Well that's all she wrote for 2006 baseball. We climbed Mt. Everest and decided we'd rather not reach the top after all. Detroit/St. Louis in baseball this year.....Detroit/San Antonio in basketball a couple years ago. File this season under "Experience" and don't forget about it. It will come in handy later.

I want to thank Sean Casey for giving us a glimmer of hope in the World Series, without him we wouldn't have a much to cheer about. Kenny Rogers and his tootsie roll hand got us a win and caught a lot of flack but no one will say anything about it now. To Verlander, Granderson, Zumaya, and Bonderman.....just keep doing what you're doing...lots of good years left for you guys. To Nate, Brandon, Carlos, Placido, Craig, and Magglio.....thank you for all your hard work and effort. You're my Tiger Brandon, so don't worry about striking out with two on in the ninth to end the World Series....if it was meant to be I know you would have hit a homer. To Marcus, Alexis, and Ramon....heck of a job filling in when called upon. To Todd Jones for showing me that even the toughest of critics (myself) can believe in someone. I know we had a rough start in the beginning Todd but I came around and this season was probably your finest. To Chuck Hernandez for coaching a fine pitching staff all year. To Gene Lamont and Andy Van Slyke for doing the little things that often go unnoticed. To Jim Leyland for bringing a sense of pride back to the Tiger's organization, without Leyland we'd just be another team suffering in mediocrity. His coaching style is one admired by not only his players but also his fans.

I have had the pleasure of chronicling this season and I am sad to say that it must come to end this way. We fought hard and did things no one thought we could do and I'm extremely proud of the Tiger's. So thank you Detroit. For all you did this season and for all you're going to do in the future.


P.S. It's sure is nice to beat those Yanks !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me cry. I didn't watch any games of the World Series because I am a jinx. Thanks for telling me who did what to make it fun. Now I don't feel so bad about forgetting to place your bet in Vegas. See, I saved you $10! While you're filing away memories, you might as well file that one. Amanda saved Andrew some cash. Sounds kinda cool, huh?

Mrs. Patterson said...

Thanks Andrew for saying all the things just "write".I echo every word, especially what you said about my Tiger.