Thursday, September 01, 2005

Almost the Weekend

Normally at this time on a Thursday afternoon in college I'm excited because I know I don't have to go to school for the next few days but these days my once "early weekend" has to wait until about 3 am on Saturday morning to get started. I'm finding my shift at UPS to be getting a little better each day I go in. That's not to say that I don't splinter, cut, and bruise myself about 20 times a night because I definitely do......the rollers in the trailers that you slide the packages on always seem to pick a fight with my shin on my right leg and not once has my shin won. But the flow of the whole process seems to be improving. Today is payday, I'm thinking that might take some pain away.

What else.......I think my professors misunderstood "labor" day. I've always thought we had the day off but it seems that even though we don't have to attend classes I'll be locked in my room doing homework for most of the day.....only the second week of class and I've got more things to get done then.....(as Grandma Gall would say).....Carter's got liver pills. I think at one time I understood that analogy but somehow it has escaped my memory so if anyone would like to fill me in I would be glad to know.

Tonight is Toledo's first football game. Go Rockets ! I do believe we're playing Western Illinois......yeah....so I'm betting on Toledo. The score will prolly be like 56-3. Toledo doesn't play too many good teams. We did play Pittsburgh 2 years ago and they were ranked in the top 25 in the nation at the time and we beat them. That was by far the best game I have seen at Toledo. Usually Toledo just wins most of their games and loses a couple and then we play Bowling Green. No one really cares how the season goes up to that point just as long as we win that game.

Well I'm going to go do something productive.......Happy day before the weekend everyone.

2 comments:

Mrs. Patterson said...

I was hoping you could enlighten me about that Carter's remark. Happy payday.

Ron C said...

Carters made liver pills. Therefore, they had a lot of liver pills. Just as you have a lot of homework.