Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sunday in Toledo

First off I would like to thank my Mother for playing church songs in what I believe to be the correct way. After returning to the church I attend here at school I have to say it was a different experience. It was still a good service and all but I tried singing along to the songs and there is no time to sing them, the pianist plays exactly what is written and it's way too fast and all choppy. This morning we turned "Shine, Jesus Shine" into "ShiJesShine." Ok, moving on.....

I wasn't even sure I was going to make it to church this morning. Church starts at 11 and I'm getting ready at about 10:15 and I walk into the bathroom and boom.....bloody nose. Did I hit it on something ? No.....Did I get punched ? hmmm I don't think so......Just a random occurence I guess....not to gross everyone out but it's probably the worst bloody nose I've had, I don't get many and still don't know why I got this one. But long story short....it wouldn't stop and I was getting worried that I wouldn't be able to go to church but then I was standing in the bathroom and I told myself that if God wants me at church this morning than he'll make sure my nose stops in time....and what do you know, I made it. I was even early by a few minutes.

So now here I am, in the basement of the University of Toledo library. I have 13 assignments in which to complete, make that 14 assignments. I think I'll be spending about the next 5 hours buried in text books, papers, pencils, calculators, and other such items. I'm hoping to get most of my work done today because my plan is to go up to Comerica Park and watch the Tigers play the Indians tomorrow. Labor Day at the ball park......Maybe get a dog and a beer, throw a few friends in there........sounds good to me.

If I had more time off school I'd like to visit a few other ball parks around the country.....of course my first choice would be Fenway park. It's so old and has so much history and I think it would be a lot of fun. Next up would have to be Wrigley field. As a kid growing up in Michigan I took in way too many Cubs game thanks to access to cable and WGN Chicago. I remember being at my Grandma Gall's house during the summer and just sitting down and watching the Cubs as the late Harey Carey would call the game. Take me out to the ball game, take me out to the crowd.......ah yes, good ol' baseball.

Well I've done pretty well at avoiding my work so far but I think it's time to start checking things off the list. So Happy Sunday to all and have a safe and relaxing Labor Day !

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

Fenway Park is a worthy goal and Wrigley Field should be easy enough, having a cousin who lives within walking distance (if you like to walk). Thnak God for the end of the nose bleed and your Mom's talent. Shjesshine