Saturday, September 10, 2005

Saturday in the Park

Comerica Park that is....tonight I'm going to watch the struggling Tigers take on the worst team in baseball, the Kansas City Royals. This will be my 4th Tigers game this year and my total out of pocket expenses for the tickets will come to a grand total of 5 dollars......It's bad when I can see 4 baseball games for less than what a margirita/daiquiri costs at the ballpark....that sucker cost me $7.25 but it was extremely hot and I got to keep the glass.
My first game I saw the Tigers play the Giants (thanks to Aunt Joyce who received the tickets from Uncle Dale I believe).....it was a 4-0 loss but we had the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth so it was somewhat exciting and the seats were great!
My second game was an awesome experience. Tigers/Red Sox. Rachel bought me tickets to this game and somehow we managed to trade for even better tickets. 5th row right by the on deck circle! I thought the Red Sox had it wrapped up but this time the Tigers rallied to pull out a one run victory in the bottom of the ninth.
The third game I went to was just last Monday...Labor Day. Tigers/Indians. My friend Crystal is a die hard Indians fan so we decided to make a day of it. Her brother Curt and 4 of his friends joined us as well. While the games don't mean much to the Tigers in terms of the playoffs, every game is important to the Indians from here on out. It was all Indians for the better part of 8 and a 1/3 innings. It was 2-0 and the Tiger's were threatening in none other than what inning? Oh yes, the bottom of the ninth....I'm seeing a definite pattern in the games I attend with that. We had 2 men on with one out and Trammell decides to bring in Chris Shelton as a pinch hitter. Well Shelton was about 3 feet away from being the hero that day. He hit a shot down the right field line about 335 feet that JUST went foul. He then hit into a game ending double play and the game was over just like that.
As I mentioned before, tonight I'll be going to see the Tigers play the Royals. My friend Kalee said she had an extra ticket so somehow I managed to be invited. I think her friend Ryan and her Dad will also be in attendance. Anyone want to bet that the Tiger's will make it interesting in the bottom of the ninth ?
Next Saturday I'm venturing out of Comerica Park and visiting Cleveland to see what Jacob's Field looks like. Crystal and I decided to catch the Indians one more time before the regular season ends. We looked on Ebay for tickets and found two 45 dollar tickets and won them for 66 dollars (thanks to Mom the ebay pro). Not a bad deal.

In other news my back is still giving me some problems. Getting out of bed and in and out of the car seems to be to two worst things for me these days. Some days my back feels better than others and somedays it hurts more than I care to mention. Somedays it hurts in one spot then the next it will hurt in a different spot and then the real bad days it hurts in both spots. The doctor told me what the sydrome is called but I don't really know how to spell it. Thoracolumbar Junction Syndrome or something. I really look forward to feeling better. It's funny how I used to take certain movements for granted. The simple task of leaning forward when I wake up in the morning is now a bonus if I can accomplish it with minimal pain. Putting on a pair of jeans while standing up is also quite a task. Oh well, it will get better......someday. For now I'll keep on a steady diet of ice packs and pain medicine with a side of baseball. Well I think it's time to get some homework done so I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Bye Y'all !

2 comments:

Mrs. Patterson said...

I believe you attended the same game as Gramps and entourage. He said it was a good game. How do those stadium seats feel on your back?

Cookster said...

The seats at Comerica Park are surprisingly comfortable on my back....the walk from the car to the seat isn't as enjoyable though.