Thursday, June 15, 2006

Campaign Trail '06: Zumaya for Closer !

First things first. It looks like pops is going to be ok. The people at the hospital gave us the run down on him and for the most part things sounded positive. There are still a few things to look into but at least we can rule out some possible causes.

ZUMAYA FOR CLOSER ! VOTE NOW ! ZUMAYA FOR CLOSER !

He'd have my vote. Todd Jones is too up and down for my liking. Yes, he has the record for most saves ever by a Tiger. Yes, he's got more experience. Yes, he looks like the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz. All this aside, Joel Zumaya in my opinion can get the job done better than Mr. Jones. I'm not saying he's perfect because he's not but I don't know if y'all have been watching but the crowd loves Zumaya and his pitching style. They get pumped up to see a 21 year old kid throw the ball 100 mph. What would you rather see ? A kid come in and shut down the other team with speed or a veteran with crazy facial hair give up 5 runs? Why can't we just switch Jones to be the set up man.....maybe that might work out a little better. Alright, there is my rant about Todd Jones for today. By the way Todd, thanks for ruining our 4 game winning streak.

In other news, the U.S. Open started today and that means the return of Tiger Woods. Tiger hasn't played since the Master's due to the illness and more recently, the death of his Father, Earl. As some of you may know the U.S. Open ends on Father's Day every year. Is it just me or can everyone see the storyline developing? Tiger winning the U.S. Open on Father's Day......that would be quite a moment for golf as well as Tiger himself. No matter what the case he will have his work cut out for him. The course they're playing at, called "Winged Foot" is playing extremely tough and will be quite a test for the entire field. Tiger hasn't played competitively in 9 weeks. So imagine coming back from a 9 week vacation of sorts and then being put to the ultimate test and be expected to win. That's the kind of thing Tiger has come to make us think. No matter how far back he is, how long he's been off, whether he has a wife or not........do not count him out.

Now for some totally random facts:

1.) I throw away Canadian change. I do not like it one bit.
2.) I love Doo-Wop music.....especially The Temptations.
3.) Dan Marjele is my favorite 3 point shooter ever.
4.) I have an addiction to frozen drinks (Slurpees, Icees, Frozen Cokes)
5.) I often walk around Meijer and/or Wal-Mart for no good reason at all.
6.) I want to visit every major league baseball stadium in my lifetime.
7.) I love the feeling of going back to bed.
8.) I haven't been pulled over in my 6 years of driving a car.
9.) I'd rather be hot than cold.
10.) I'm glad Payne Stewart won the 1999 U.S. Open.

I think that's enough random facts for today. Happy Thursday everyone !

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

Isn't everyone who is slightly interested in the Tigers thinking the same thing about Zumaya? Do you think Todd is related to Jim? I ever-so-much enjoyced your random facts list, and am so relieved to hear that Dad did well on his test. Now how long until we actually figure out the cause?