Wednesday, June 28, 2006

You'll Never Guess

You'll never guess what I did today. I myself can't believe I did it. To give you some background info my friends and I are in a fantasy baseball league in which we manage a team of players. We drop players, trade players, decide who starts and who sits. All of our points we score are based on how well our major league players do from week to week. So we follow stats more than anyone probably should. Well for the past 8 weeks or so I've only had one closer on my team....Jonathan Papelbon from the Red Sox. He's extremely good but when you play against another team in the league who has 2 or 3 closers it's very hard to win the Saves category. So I was basically giving a point to whoever I played against each week. That's bad for business. So today I dropped my weakest starting pitcher who happened to be Derek Lowe of the Dodgers (A former Red Sox) and decided to look for a closer so I could get some more saves each week. So I search the field of players who are still left to choose from and I make it show who is leading in saves. Well it was as if Yahoo Fantasy Baseball was laughing at me. None other than Mr. Todd Jones came up. So against all that I know is right, I added him to my team. I am putting a small sliver of faith in a man I have criticized over the past few weeks. I will try and find some way to rationalize this decision.....ok here's one....if Jim Leyland (The Brain trust of our team) has faith in Jones as a closer I guess I should too. This addition to the team will, if nothing else, provide reason for interesting commentary by me on the subject of closing out baseball games........especially if Jones decides to blow another one.

In other news I went to a congregational meeting last night.....As my Father put it...I voted with a small majority and no one can say they "won"......some people cheered....some people cried....I myself can't call it a victory when at the end of the meeting the Pastor is asking the congregation to bow their heads to pray and half of them are walking out the door. Only time will tell what happens.

So I just opened one of those plastic oscar mayer turkey containers.....it has thin sliced turkey in it and has about 5 servings of turkey in the whole container. I felt the need to consume all of it. I love turkey. Only bad part about the packaged turkey is that I just got 125% of my daily intake of sodium.

Well that's all for now.....Happy Wednesday everyone !

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

The Toddster will come through for you. Just eat only 75% of your sodium allowance tomorrow and you're all set.