Friday, June 30, 2006

Sales Contest

So yesterday I posted a speech that gave out some good advice.....today I will dispense my own advice.

We received 3 ladders at work today much like the "Little Giant" ladders seen on TV except these ladders are made by Louisville. My boss said he'd buy lunch for the first person who sold one. So I said to him "I'm on it." Background info: I don't get much opportunity to sell to customers in the store since I'm back in the warehouse all the time and out making deliveries. So I come back from deliveries today and there is a customer looking for some cut-off wheels and he is standing at the counter. My boss had left for a few minutes so I started talking to him about these ladders. I told him how they were like the Little Giant ones and performed the same functions except these are sold at about half the cost (around $205). My boss had returned and was walking up from the back and had heard me trying to sell this ladder to this man and he said "Man, you must really want lunch." I responded....Yeah I do, because I'm trying to sell a ladder to a man who rode in on a motorcycle. He just laughed.

So my advice to you is....If you're trying to sell ladders, make sure you know the person can actually take it home in one trip.

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

That's great advice. I'll take one, seriously.