Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday

Well today is Friday and that's always good. I like Fridays. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with the rest of my day or my weekend. I'm going home but I can't say for certain what else I'll do. I'll probably watch the Tiger's play the Cubs. I just found out Kwame wants to demolish old Tiger Stadium. That's a bummer even though it hasn't really been used for anything since the Tiger's moved to Comerica. I remember going there and watching Cecil Fielder and Mickey Tettleton.....Alan and Lou....Travis Fryman...all sorts of good memories from that place. One night I saw Mickey Tettleton hit 2 home runs...one from each side of the plate....I just thought that was the coolest thing ever when I was growing up because being right handed it felt incredibly awkward trying to bat the other way. I remember going to a game on a Saturday night and it got rained out but they let everyone come back the next day and see a double-header ! 2 for 1....very cool. Towards the end of that double header a foul ball was hit my way in which I felt the need to jump over a few rows of seats only to fail in my attempt of getting the ball. The older man who did come up with the ball realized the effort I had just put forth and tossed me the ball. Thank you Mr. Whoever you are, you made my day that day.

In other news, Tiger Woods is not doing very well at the U.S. Open.....he's at 11 over par with only a few holes left to play in his second round.....he might not even make the cut. Now his round is finished......12 over par....Tiger will not be around for the weekend.

I'm sure most of you have had a moment where you smelled something and it reminded you of something else. Well the other day I had a moment like that but it seemed very odd to me. Most of the time when you smell something it reminds you of something else you can relate "smell" with. Fresh cut grass = summer, Rain = Spring time......you get the point. Well I was at work the other day and I was getting into the truck to go make some deliveries and as soon as I opened the door I thought to myself "Man, this smells like sports radio." It was one of those times where you step back for a second and wonder if that thought was actually produced from your brain. Sports radio can't have a smell yet for some reason I found a way to make it happen. I think I'm a bit odd sometimes.

Well that's all I have for now....Have a good weekend everyone !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our strange ways of thinking are truly hereditary. You're a good kid.

Mrs. Patterson said...

Does sports radio smell like beer or gas?