Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Tuesday

Well today is Tuesday. The 164th day of the year. Only 201 days left to go in 2006. Today was pretty normal for me. Went to work as usual and then came home. For some reason I was more tired than normal. So I decided to take a nap.......that nap turned into a 3 hour slumber. Sometimes I don't know how I can be so tired. I went to bed at 9 last night and woke up at 5:15. That seems like it should be enough sleep to get you through a day. But it wasn't. It seems like I could take a nap everyday. I'm wondering if my back troubles are causing me to feel more fatigued. That is my only guess.

Well this past Sunday we had a congregational meeting at church......whenever a meeting of church members resembles a sporting event in which the crowd is rooting for opposite teams it doesn't work out too well. It was one of those moments that when you look back on it you kind of scratch your head and ask yourself if that really happened. It was an ugly sight. One that I will not soon forget.

On a positive note, the Tiger's pulled out a 4-3 win in 13 innings last night. I did not stay up to watch but I'm proud of them for coming from behind to win that one. Todd Jones seems to be doing ok as of late. I'm pretty tough on him but only because when he messes up it's almost a sure thing that we'll end up losing. That's how it is when you're a closer. I'd rather have Joel Zumaya be our closer instead of our set-up man. That guy throws the gas. Sunday against the Blue Jays I saw him set a season high of 102 mph. I think I'd have to start swinging when he started his wind-up. Better yet I'll just hold the bat out there and pray the ball would end up hitting the bat. Could you imagine getting hit by a pitch by that guy? A 102 mph fast ball must leave one heck of a bruise. I got hit by my fair share of pitches in little league and those things left nice bruises and were only coming in at a top speed of 50 or so.

Wow I just got the aflac trivia question right. Go me. Who was the last Tiger to lead the American League in walks? Tony the Tiger, the spitter, whatever you want to call him....it was good ol' Tony Phillips with 132 walks in 1993. He used to squat down so low at the plate, he didn't have much of a strike zone. It's so nice to see the Tiger's winning this year....although most of the team is doing well and having a good time winning, Dmitri Young has seemed to miss the boat this year. Today there was a warrant issued for his arrest after he failed to show up for a court date dealing with a case in which he choked his girlfriend in a birmingham hotel. Now I know Jim Leyland is not your "by the book" manager but I have a hard time believing he'd want any of his players to be in this situation. Dmitri wasn't performing on the field and from what it sounds like he could barely keep in together off the field. DY was hitting a lowly .159 when he took a leave of absence for personal matters. Dmitri is now facing up to 93 days in jail and a 500 dollar fine.

Tonight is "Bark in the Park" night at Comerica in which you can bring your dog to the game. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to question the logic in this promotion. Let us weigh the pros and cons of this for a second. Pros of bringing your dog to a major league game: ummm i'm searching for a pro here. Cons of bringing your dog to a major league game: 1.) They'll knock over if not drink your $8 beer while you're not looking 2.) Your masterpiece of a hot dog you just created with ruby red ketchup and golden yellow mustard will be lost forever as "man's best friend" scarfs it down in a matter of seconds without even appreciating the perfection of the squiggly lines you made with the ketchup and mustard.. 3.) You cannot honestly think that every dog in that park is going to be able to "hold it" for the entire length of the game (especially if they drink your beer.) 4.) What if someone sitting next to you is allergic to dogs? Is that fair to them? I could only imagine the surprise on the faces of those people who didn't know about this promotion. You stroll down to the ballpark expecting to enjoy a night of baseball with all the sights and smells like normal.....only to find out that you're sitting next to a 200 pound St. Bernard who needs a bath and has a undying passion to slobber all over itself....oh yeah, I'd be stoked if I was that guy. Anyways you get my drift.

Whatever the case may be, the Tiger's are winning 7-0 in the 7th right now and things are running pretty smooth. Maybe the dogs can stay.

On that note I think I'll go lay down and watch the rest of the game, have a good one everybody. Don't forget to celebrate flag day tomorrow. Is there a correct way to even celebrate flag day? What flag do you celebrate ? Is there a limit on the number of flags to celebrate ? Who made up flag day ? Isn't everyday a flag day in a way ? Alright that's all for now, Bye Bye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me laugh, son. I need you and your humor right every day!!! XOXO Momster

Mrs. Patterson said...

Thanks for making me laugh, nephew. We need you and your humor right every day !!!! XOXO Auntster
(please drop charges of plageurism)